"Do you ever wonder if your child is the only one who _________ ?(insert crazy thing here!) I want this blog to be a place for questions, support and creative ideas for those situations we face daily with our children."

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Cute Idea

Have you ever asked your child what they want to buy someone for a gift?

I do this all of the time with Merci, and funny, but she has come up with some of the best ideas!

Some gifts she has suggested for daddy: a motorcycle...a real one wasn't in the budget so we got him a hot wheels one!, screwdrivers, which he had mentioned one day and I had forgot, he was very excited when he opened his new full set of screwdrivers for Christmas, a snow tube, which has been so fun to go sledding with in the winter. I am sure there are more, but I forget.

Yesterday we were in the car and I asked her what we should get her teacher, since today is the last day of school, and she said, Mrs. Means only likes yellow laffy taffy. I was kinda like, well we aren't buying your teacher laffy taffy. We had to return a movie at Blockbuster so I decided to just get her teacher a gift card from there...who doesn't rent movies, right?? And while we were in line we saw a bag of Laffy Taffy on the candy rack, so we had to get it. I took all the yellows out and put them in a cute bag! Is that corny?? I wrote her teacher a note saying Merci just really wanted to giver her, her favorite candy!

So the moral of this post is that if you don't involve your children in picking out people's gifts, you should, they do a great job! They are quite perceptive!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

That's a great idea and I'm sure her teacher thought it was very thoughtful!

I tried to comment on your personal blog and couldn't get it to work, but I just wanted to say that it's crazy how a year flies by. I can't imagine how it'll be once Micah starts going to school...

VICTORIA said...

My dtr Drew, she got me one of those clear plastic miniature human bodies, with the plastic organs inside for christmas, she said, "Do you like it Mom, you know, 'cause, you're like a doctor or somethin'!"