"Do you ever wonder if your child is the only one who _________ ?(insert crazy thing here!) I want this blog to be a place for questions, support and creative ideas for those situations we face daily with our children."

Thursday, October 11, 2007

I am back...




















Summer is coming to an end and now I will have more time.

To start of the Fall season here is a fun recipe the kids will love!

Taken from Taste of Home Oct/Nov 2007

Trick-or-Treat Turnovers
1/2 lb ground meat ( I used turkey..and 1 lb of it)
1 TBSP finely chopped onion
4 oz. mozzarella cheese cubed
1/4 C prepared mustard (didn't have any..but it would have helped the flavor)
2 tubes (16.3 oz each) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
1, egg lightly beaten (oops I forgot this)

In large skillet, cook meat and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink;drain. Add cheese and mustard; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Cool slightly. Flatten each biscuit into a 4 in circle; place 4 biscuits on each cookie sheet (you need 2 or do 2 batches). Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of meat mixture onto each ( I made mine bigger and more meat-that is why I used a whole pound of meat instead of 1/2 pound since I was using at dinner for my kids, since they don't like my Sausage bean soup).
Using a sharp knife or cookie cutters cut out jack o lantern faces from remaining biscuit circles; place over meat mixture and pinch edges tightly to seal.
Use scraps to make stems.
Brush with egg ( I didn't do this and they turned out fine). Bake 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes
until golden brown!



3 comments:

Stacey said...

Nice to see that you're back!

Bek said...

they were yummy!! iz and e ate them again for lunch today!!! :) thanks!

Shanilie said...

AWWW too cute! I am definitely going to be trying this recipe this month! Thanks for sharing. It sounds delicious!