"Do you ever wonder if your child is the only one who _________ ?(insert crazy thing here!) I want this blog to be a place for questions, support and creative ideas for those situations we face daily with our children."

Monday, July 30, 2007

Let's get moving

I pledge to not be a blog slacker anymore. So please pledge to not be a blog reader/commenter slacker anymore!!

WE tend to always find things to complain about with our children. So I wanted to challenge you to find the GOOD.

When your kid does something out of nowhere that you have been working on, don't you just want to have a party??

Today in the car Ethan (almost 3) was whining for a drink of my pop (no, I usually don't let them drink pop) and I said Ethan when we stop you can have a sip, and instead of throwing a temper tantrum like he always does he said, "alright" and shut his mouth. What the heck?? I was so excited I turned to smile at him and say that was so nice Ethan. Those were good words.

YEAH ETHAN!!

So I want you to give a shout out to your child for any good thing they did. Whatever age. You can come back as many times as you want. BUT....

You also have to read the comment that you left to them. That will make their day.

That gives me another idea, if you child has conquered something, maybe I will do a post with their picture and a letter from mommy. Wouldn't they love it??

Let's just start with the shout out challenge.

And if you have a post for your child, send me an e-mail at iknowiamnotalone.blogspot.com!

I am looking forward to it. Let your friends know!!

3 comments:

Bek said...

awww, i love it, way to go, ethan. i'll have to think on that....but, i, like you, LOVE when i am expecting a tantrum, and i get a good response!! yippee!!! (and reading it to your kid is a great idea!)

VICTORIA said...

Beau kept begging and begging for a snack, and I was losing it! I had to get groceries out of the van still! He kept asking over and over, rudely, and I usually would yell and send him off. But, this time, I said, " I will talk to you when you are ready to ask nicely." He went off, I finished unloading the van, and then he came to me..."Mom, are you ready?" I had forgotten..."Ready for what?"...very calm, kindly, "Now can I have a snack?" AH HA! He got it! Woohoo! I praised him for being so patient.

Lisanne said...

Our daughter, who is 10 months old, is now pulling herself up and trying to stand up on her own. Well, the other day our 2.5-year-old son went over to her and put his arms around her middle ~ like he was helping her stand up and was going to catch her if she fell. SO sweet! Oh, I melted! We praised him up and down.