"Do you ever wonder if your child is the only one who _________ ?(insert crazy thing here!) I want this blog to be a place for questions, support and creative ideas for those situations we face daily with our children."

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sharing stories!

I love to share stories of my kids. With Ethan being 2 1/2 I have many!

I was talking to my friend on the phone the other day and we were telling stories of the funny things our kids say.

Share 1-2 quick stories of words or phrases you child has used at the funniest times.

#1 A few months back Ethan and I were at Walmart, on the way out I decided I would grab a 25 cent can of pop. I out my money in and it wouldn't work, I pressed every selection, then I pressed the coin return and a dime came out, even though I used a quarter...Okay so I try again, nothing and this time it kept my money...so I kicked it to see if anything would happen. I got some money back so I kicked it again, nothing...RRRR...so I kick it again and say "Stupid thing". Well we were at the same Walmart yesterday and Ethan spots the pop machines and points and says "Stupid things mom" "stupid things broken"......LOL. Hilarious, yet not! I explain to him we shouldn't say stupid and that mommy was wrong for saying that. Kids!!
How the heck did he remember this??

#2 We were out of town last week. There was a bad storm outside and the electricity int he hotel went out. It wasn't dark yet, so we just had the curtains open in the room, where we were playing Wii. Out in the other room the curtain was still closed so it was a bit dark. Ethan comes running back in to tell us it was "pooky" out there. I never use that word, I couldn't figure out where he heard it. The I remembered he and Merci had been watching Scooby Doo, he must have picked it up from the show...and used it in the right context how funny is that!

Let's hear your story about funny things your kids have said!

We can do different stories next time! We all need a good laugh now and then!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL!! Very cute. There are so many things I could write, lets see.

While driving the other day I was stopped at an intersection waiting to turn left. Payton says "go Mommy go". I explain I have to wait for the cars to go because we don't want to hit anyone. She promptly replies "oh Mommy, don't worry, they'll move!"

While saying bedtime prayers I ask her what she would like to thank Jesus for. She often replies "fries and chocolate milk". And we do!! Haha.

This is a fun topic, I hope to see more comments!

Drea said...

Kids remember SO MUCH!! lol Im amazed Ethan could say Stupid, thats a hard one to say. Caleb cant. I know hes heard it haha... trying hard not to say things like that in front of him but it slips sometimes!

Funny story... hmm...

Let see...

Okay lets start with Taite 1st.

Around 1 month old I was laying in bed With Taite at night. We co-slept until around age 3 months. And well while sleeping beside him my head was facing him... then I all of a sudden am smacked right in the face with a super high powered stream of spit up! he spit up right in my face! I was so asleep it scared me and I jumped up freaking out lol... he went right to sleep though after that spit up... I cant say the same for me :-)

................

Now Caleb..
Theres to many to tell but the latest was my mom was trying to give him a peanut to eat... so she was breaking the peanut shell (old style peanuts, you had to open the shells to get them) and when she tossed the peanut shell to the side he grabs it and eats that instead of the peanut. He actually swallowed it! Weird child :-)

Bek said...

this morn i said to israel (my 2 yr old) "come here, little guy". he looked at me shocked "you called me little guy!!??" he said "i'm a big guy. emmanuel is a little guy!" (his 8 month old brother)

emannuel's funny thing lately is to laugh hysterically when i tell him "no". i don't know whether to get MORE firm or to just start laughing with him! his laugh is so contagious!

i have a good question for this blog - donna - what is a good age to start discipline? and what about having 2 to discipline? like for example, E (almost 9 months and very smart)pulls israels ( age 2 1/2) hair all the time til he cries. now i think it would be effective to say no and tap E's hand right in the moment. but that means disciplining him in front of israel....any thoughts/suggestions?

Shanilie said...

Oh the things children will say. I have seen web sites devoted to posting regular quotes from children...it is a really good laugh.

My boy doesn't talk a whole lot yet, but I get a kick out of it when I walk in his room first thing in the morning and walk in and he say Moonin (morning)I am like "is that really my baby saying good morning to me) lol. I am sure that he will say lots more funny things in the months ahead. I will be sure to post about them.

Anonymous said...

Responding to Bek, but really it's to everyone: I don't have any little ones to love right now, but at my advanced age, I do have some experience in discipline. :)

You really start training (discipliining) your children from the day you bring them home from the hospital. If you have ever trained a pet (like a dog, perhaps) then you know that firmness, consistency and repetition are the basic rules. It is also true with children, although children are more complex. Say no, take hold of E's hand and look him straight in the eye, let him know you are serious. Repeat as needed.

If it continues, a good cure for hair-pulling is for the other child (or you) to pull the hair of the puller, so he knows what it feels like. Sometimes they just don't realize that they are hurting the other child.

It might be good for Israel to know that you are willing to gently but firmly discipline Emmanuel in protection of himself.

The Keowns said...

My daughter says the cutest things. The one day I asked her if she was hungry and she told me, 'no, my tummy isn't giggling yet'
I had a good laugh and she still uses this word. So cute